My Prayer for Independence Day 2014
Published to: 000115, 000116, A Small Town Lawyer's Perspective, Independence Day, Patriatism, Perspectives of a Small Town Lawyer, West Virginia Lawyer - Tips and Techniques
on July 3, 2014 12:08 pm
My prayer for our nation, heading into Independence Day week-end:
1. That we appreciate the amazing freedom we have and exercise it responsibly.
2. That we tolerate and appreciate our many differences.
3. That we approach our many problems constructively, in the spirit of compromise and appreciation of the other person’s point of view.
4. Instead of speaking out of ignorance or prejudice, learn, from a reliable source (and know what that means) something about the critical issues of the day.
5 Consider it a responsibility of our citizenship to continue our educations throughout our lives. Knowledge is power
6. Foster in our children a love of learning and reading.
7. Use our religions as a bastion of core values of right and wrong, justice, and peace, and NOT as an excuse to claim we are better than others with different views.
8. That we all have a heck of a good time this week-end. Don’t blow your hand off!
This post was written by Burton Hunter